A source confirmed to FighterPath that the UFC is looking to rebook a Flyweight bout between Miranda Maverick and Gillian Robertson at UFC 260 on March 27. The source has asked to remain anonymous as there has yet to be an official announcement from the promotion.
Gillian Robertson (9-5 MMA, 6-3 UFC) will be looking to avoid consecutive defeats for the first time in her career. The Niagara Falls, Ontario native recently dropped out of the rankings following her defeat to Taila Santos. Prior to the defeat, she had defeated Poliana Viana and Cortney Casey.
Miranda Maverick (8-2 MMA, 1-0 UFC) has struggled getting opponents in her short UFC career thus far. In her debut, the 23-year-old stopped Liana Jojua in the first round back in October. She is currently riding a four-fight win streak and remains undefeated in the promotion.
The fight was originally supposed to take place at UFC 258, however Robertson was forced out due to illness the day of the event. Both women expressed interest in the rebooking, as did the UFC.
UFC 260 is scheduled to take place on March 27 at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas. The event will be headlined by a UFC Heavyweight Championship fight between Stipe Miocic and Francis Ngannou.
The full UFC card has yet to be announced, but is expected to feature the following bouts:
- Heavyweight: (c) Stipe Miocic vs Francis Ngannou
- Featherweight: (c) Alexander Volkanovski vs Brian Ortega
- Welterweight: Tyron Woodley vs Vicente Luque
- Bantamweight: Sean O’Malley vs Thomas Almeida
- Lightweight: Khama Worthy vs Jamie Mullarkey
- Featherweight: Shane Young vs Omar Morales
- Light Heavyweight: Modestas Bukauskas vs Michał Oleksiejczuk
- Women’s Strawweight: Hannah Goldy vs Jessica Penne
- Women’s Flyweight: Gillian Robertson vs Miranda Maverick*