Sources confirmed to Fighterpath MMA that a middleweight bout is in the works between Duško Todorović and Gregory Rodrigues. Todorovic was initially scheduled to square off against Maki Pitolo before the Hawaiian was forced out. The source wishes to remain anonymous at this time as there has yet to be an official announcement from the promotion.
Duško Todorović (10-1 MMA, 1-1 UFC) will be returning for the second time in 2021 and will be hoping for more success than his last outing. After a successful debut against Dequan Townsend, the Serbian was matched up with Punahele Soriano and was knocked out in the first round. Prior to signing with the UFC he earned a decision win on the Contender Series to earn a UFC contract.
Gregory Rodrigues (8-3 MMA, 0-0 UFC) will be making his UFC debut on the heels of a first round knockout this past weekend. He captured the LFA Middleweight title by defeating Josh Fremd with strikes in the very first round. In September, the Brazilian came up short on the Contender Series in an opportunity to earn a UFC contract.
UFC Fight Night 189 is scheduled to take place at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas, Nevada on June 5. The full card has yet to be announced, but the following bouts are expected to take place at the event.
- Heavyweight: Jairzinho Rozenstruik vs Augusto Sakai
- Heavyweight: Walt Harris vs Marcin Tybura
- Middleweight: Roman Dolidze vs Laureano Staropoli
- Welterweight: Santiago Ponzinibbio vs Miguel Baeza
- Middleweight: Tom Breese vs Antonio Arroyo
- Heavyweight: Tanner Boser vs Ilir Latifi
- Welterweight: Francisco Trinaldo vs Muslim Salikhov
- Lightweight: Mason Jones vs Alan Patrick
- Featherweight: Youssef Zalal vs Sean Woodson
- Women’s Flyweight: Manon Fiorot vs Maryna Moroz
- Lightweight: Claudio Puelles vs Jordan Leavitt
- Middleweight: Duško Todorović vs Gregory Rodrigues