Sources confirmed to Fighterpath MMA that a flyweight bout between Juancamilo Ronderos and Zarrukh Adashev is in the works for July 31. Adashev was initially scheduled to square off against Ryan Benoit before the his opponent was forced out due to weight cut complications. The source wishes to remain anonymous at this time as there has yet to be an official announcement from the promotion.
Juancamilo Ronderos (4-1 MMA, 0-1 UFC) will be returning to the octagon only two months after making his UFC debut in May. Despite being 4-1, Ronderos was undefeated as an amateur owning a 9-0 record. The Columbian will be looking to break into the win column after suffering the first loss of his career.
Zarrukh Adashev (3-3 MMA, 0-2 UFC) will be seeking his first UFC victory after going winless in his opening two bouts. Prior to signing with the promotion, he was riding a three-fight win streak in Bellator. In his opening two bouts in the promotion, Adashev suffered losses to Tyson Nam and Su Mudaerji.
UFC Fight Night 191 is scheduled to take place at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas, Nevada on July 31. The full card has yet to be announced, but the following bouts are expected to take place at the event.
- Middleweight: Uriah Hall vs Sean Strickland
- Lightweight: Chris Gutierrez vs Rafa Garcia
- Welterweight: Bryan Barberena vs Jason Witt
- Women’s Strawweight: Jinh Yu Frey vs Ashley Yoder
- Featherweight: Melsik Baghdasaryan vs Collin Anglin
- Welterweight: Philip Rowe vs Orion Cosce
- Women’s Strawweight: Cheyanne Buys vs Gloria de Paula
- Welterweight: Mounir Lazzez vs Niklas Stolze
- Bantamweight: Rani Yahya vs Kyung Ho Kang
- Featherweight: Doo Ho Choi vs Danny Chavez
- Flyweight: Juancamilo Ronderos vs Zarrukh Adashev*