Sources confirmed to Fighterpath MMA that a lightweight bout between Charlie Ontiveros and Steve Garcia has been booked for UFC event on October 9. The source wishes to stay anonymous at this time as there has been no official announcement from the promotion.
Charlie Ontiveros (11-7 MMA, 0-1 UFC) has been sidelined due to injury after he accepted a short notice bout against Kevin Holland in his UFC debut. That bout took place in the middleweight division. He lost the bout via TKO due to a neck injury sustained during a slam from his opponent. Prior to his UFC debut, Ontiveros was riding a two fight win streak with consecutive first round finishes.
Steve Garcia (11-4 MMA, 0-1 UFC) will be making his long awaited return to the octagon after bookings with Peter Barrett and Charles Jourdain fell through. In his UFC debut he lost a decision to Luis Pena back in February of 2020. Heading into that fight he was on a four fight win streak which included three finishes.
Although there hasn’t been confirmation from the promotion, the event is expected to take place at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas, Nevada on October 9. The full card has yet to be announced, but the following bouts are expected to take place at the event.
- Women’s Strawweight: Marina Rodriguez vs Mackenzie Dern
- Heavyweight: Jared Vanderaa vs Alexander Romanov
- Welterweight: Laureano Staropoli vs Jamie Pickett
- Women’s Strawweight: Lupita Godinez vs Sam Hughes
- Middleweight: Phil Hawes vs Deron Winn
- Bantamweight: Chris Gutierrez vs Felipe Colares
- Flyweight: Tim Elliott vs Matheus Nicolau
- Women’s Flyweight: Mariya Agapova vs Sabina Mazo
- Lightweight: Charlie Ontiveros vs Steve Garcia*